1. General information
- On the Websites,
- In emails, texts, and other electronic messages between you and these Websites,
- The services provided by us if you get measured by one of your service providers (e.g. your fitness studio)
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Websites.
2. What is personal data?
Personal Data is data through which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal data");
3. What data do we collect and process?
We store your personal data in a database and use it for the purposes specified below:
We collect several types of information from and about our Website users, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal data");
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites, and usage details, including but not limited to the type of browser, the type of operating system, the location of the computer, your IP address, the date and time of your visit.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
As long as this automatically collected data is not evaluated in an anonymized form, it will be deleted again immediately after the end of the session. In deviation from this, information about the last configuration used (region and type of web application) is permanently stored on the secacloud.com website in the form of a cookie to enable you to continue at the point where you ended the last session, when you use the website again.
In the case of an inquiry via an e-mail form or form on the Websites, we collect information that you provide to us at the time of registering to use our Websites or through any inquiries about our services, including but not limited to your name, address, phone number, company name and e-mail address in order to perform the respective services and to contact you, in addition to any records and copies of your correspondence, if you contact us otherwise.
If you get measured through one of our devices, the following data is stored within the secacloud for the calculation of your body composition analysis:
- Name, date of birth, email,
- Health data, such as height, body weight, bioimpedance data, and other vital signs,
- Measurement data and time of measurement
Some of these data may be provided to us by your service provider (e.g. your fitness studio).
We store this data after the calculation of your body composition analysis to be able to provide you advanced services, like progression charts.
As a user of secacloud, the following data pertaining to you as a user is stored:
- Name, date of birth, email
- Usage log files
4. Granting and withdrawing consent
seca only stores your data for as long as it is legally permissible. You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Websites and visiting your account profile page, if applicable.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. If your data is deleted, we may no longer be able to offer some or all of the services offered on our Websites.
If you are using secacloud, you can terminate use of seca myAnalytics yourself at any time. Your personal data contained in the user ID will then be deleted and cannot be restored.
We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
5. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
6. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Websites and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
7. Disclosure to third parties
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are contractually bound to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Websites users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our General Terms and Conditions (GTC) and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others.
8. Additional Information about our Websites
Use of social plug-ins
These Websites makes use of what are known as "social plug-ins" of the social networks Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Xing, which are operated by the companies Meta Platforms, Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA, LinkedIn Corporation, 1000 W. Maude Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA, Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, and New Work SE, Am Strandkai 1, 20457 Hamburg, Germany. These social plug-ins are identifiable by the logo of the respective social network. As soon as you visit our Websites, your browser creates a direct connection to the servers of Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Xing through these social plug-ins. The content of the respective plug-ins is transferred from Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Xing directly to your browser, which then integrated them into the Websites you are visiting. We therefore do not have any influence on the scope of the data collected by Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Xing in this manner. According to our present knowledge, the following information is collected: Through the integration of the social plug-ins, the operators of the social networks receive the information that you have accessed the respective page of our online presence. Insofar as you are also logged in to one of the social networks at the same time, the operator can allocate the corresponding page views to your account with the respective social network. If you also interact with the social plug-ins, i.e. by clicking on the "Like" button or posting a comment, the corresponding information will be transferred to the respective social network. Even if you are not a member of one of the social networks listed above, there is a possibility that they will be notified of your IP address through the social plug-in and that they may save it. For details on the purpose and scope of the data processing, collection, and use by Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Xing and your rights and setting options with regard to this, please read the information in their respective privacy policies:
If you are a member of one of the specified social networks and do not wish for these to collect data about you and link the data with your respective member data via our Websites then please log out of the respective social network before accessing our Websites. You also have the option to manage your personal preferences regarding usage-based online advertising on the following Websites. You can deactivate or activate all providers at once. Alternatively, you can also adjust the settings for individual providers: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
Use of "cookies"
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We make use of "cookies" (small files with configuration information). These are primarily used to determine the number of visitors to our Websites and its frequency of use as well as to make your visit to our Websites simpler and more comfortable. It is also possible to use our Websites without cookies. Most browsers are preconfigured to automatically accept cookies. However, you can deactivate cookies or set your browser so that it will notify you before saving cookies.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Websites are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on these Websites or through any of its features, register on the Websites, make any purchases through the Websites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of these Websites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.