The new seca mBCA 555 is the result of our long-term cooperation with medical experts and research in the field of body composition. In addition to outstanding precision and accuracy, you receive an completely user-friendly and practical BIA solution with an optional ultrasound length measurement and brilliant cloud-based software with the seca mBCA 555.
The graphic presentation of measurement results established in cooperation with medical professionals gives you valuable support for diagnosis and therapy. Within seconds, you’ll receive a complete body composition image plus the option of having specific questions answered thanks to a detailed analysis.
More freedom with cloud-based software
Thanks to the new cloud-based software delivery, all administrative IT issues are taken care of for you. It ensures you can concentrate fully on your medical work.
- Quick and clear graphics with normal ranges
- Normal ranges can be defined individually as needed
- Professionally prepared templates for the most important fields of application
- Customizable printout including notes and explanations for patients
- Trend analysis allows progress to be tracked in support of patient motivation and engagement
- Software suitable for all common devices (whether tablet or laptop)
Direct access for patients
This cloud-based software ensures that you can provide measurement results to your patients at any time. You assign them a personal login that your patients can use to access their information. This allows them, regardless of the device used, to track changes in their body composition.
Bioimpedance analysis trusted by the medical profession
- Unique accuracy by validation from whole-body MRI (skeletal muscle mass) and 4C model (fat mass)
- Validation studies are completely and transparently published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, among others (1,2)
- Validated for individuals affected by obesity (starting at a BMI of 30 kg/m²) (3)
- Comprehensive, personalized normal ranges based on over 3,000 multiethnic subjects (4)
1) Quantifi cation of whole-body and segmental skeletal muscle mass using phase-sensitive 8-electrode medical bioelectrical impedance devices. Bosy-Westphal A, Jensen B, Braun W, Pourhassan M, Gallagher D, Müller MJ. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2017.
2) What makes a BIA equation unique? Validity of eight-electrode multifrequency BIA to estimate body Composition in a healthy adult population. Bosy-Westphal A, Schautz B, Later W. Kehayias JJ, Gallagher D, Müller MJ. Eur J Clin Nutr 2013; 67: 14-21.
3) Limitations of Fat-Free Mass for the Assessment of Muscle Mass in Obesity. Jensen, B., Braun, W., Geisler, C., Both, M., Klückmann, K., Müller, M. J., & Bosy-Westphal, A.(2019). Obesity facts, 12(3), 307-315.
4) Generation of normal ranges for measures of body composition in adults based on bioelectrical impedance analysis using the seca mBCA. Peine, S., Knabe, S., Carrero, I., Brundert, M., Wilhelm, J., Ewert, A., ... & Lilburn, P. (2013). Int J Body Compos Res, 11, 67-76.
seca mBCA 555 – with optional height measurement
Select the optional ultrasound height measurement to measure height directly on the platform.
Following the delivery of your new seca mBCA, we would also like to make you aware of some additional features and benefits that seca offers. Looking for installation assistance to ensure that your seca mBCA is properly setup?
No problem! Sit back and relax while our seca service technicians set up your system remotely so you can take the guess work out of it. Need training assistance on how to operate your device or interpret measurement results? Schedule an individual or group virtual presentation with our seca Medical Body Composition Specialist. We make it easy in support of getting your facility up and running with our new generation of body composition analysis.