seca mBCA 554
The new generation of body composition analysis
Medically validated and adjustable to fit your needs
The new seca mBCA 554 is the result of our long-term cooperation with medical experts and research in the field of body composition. In addition to outstanding precision and accuracy, you receive an completely user-friendly and practical BIA solution with an optional ultrasonic height measurement and brilliant cloud-based software with the seca mBCA 554.
Make body composition visible and easy to understand
The graphic presentation of measurement results established in cooperation with medical professionals gives you valuable support for diagnosis and therapy. Within seconds, you’ll receive a complete body composition image plus the option of having specific questions answered thanks to a detailed analysis.
More freedom with cloud-based software
Thanks to the new cloud-based software delivery, all administrative IT issues are taken care of for you. It ensures you can concentrate fully on your medical work.
- Quick and clear graphics with normal ranges
- Normal ranges can be defined individually as needed
- Professionally prepared templates for the most important fields of application
- Customizable printout including notes and explanations for patients
- Trend analysis allows progress to be tracked in support of patient motivation and engagement
- Software suitable for all common devices (whether tablet or laptop)
Sensitive patient data is saved in an encrypted form and protected from third-party access
Validated for children aged 5 years and older
When it comes to body composition, we leave nothing to chance. The results must be clinically validated, especially when it comes to reliable data about the body composition of children and adolescents. That’s why we’ve gone to great lengths to validate the seca mBCA specifically for adolescents (1).
- Precise results from 5 years of age and 51 inches / 130 cm in height thanks to the child validation study
- Selection of body composition parameters specifically for children
- Automatic calculation of growth percentiles
- Support for growth monitoring, preventive care and obesity therapy
- Makes health risks and required measures easier to understand
1) Lopez-Gonzalez, D., Wells, J. C., & Clark, P. (2022). Body Composition Assessment in Mexican Children and Adolescents. Part 2: Cross-Validation of Three Bio-Electrical Impedance Methods against Dual X-ray Absorptiometry for Total-Body and Regional Body Composition.
Direct access for patients
This cloud-based software ensures that you can provide measurement results to your patients at any time. You assign them a personal login that your patients can use to access their information. This allows them, regardless of the device used, to track changes in their body composition.
Bioimpedance analysis trusted by the medical profession
- Unique accuracy by validation from whole-body MRI (skeletal muscle mass) and 4C model (fat mass)
- Validation studies are completely and transparently published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, among others (1,2)
- Validated for individuals affected by obesity (starting at a BMI of 30 kg/m²) (3)
- Comprehensive, personalized normal ranges based on over 3,000 multiethnic subjects (4)
1) Quantifi cation of whole-body and segmental skeletal muscle mass using phase-sensitive 8-electrode medical bioelectrical impedance devices. Bosy-Westphal A, Jensen B, Braun W, Pourhassan M, Gallagher D, Müller MJ. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2017.
2) What makes a BIA equation unique? Validity of eight-electrode multifrequency BIA to estimate body Composition in a healthy adult population. Bosy-Westphal A, Schautz B, Later W. Kehayias JJ, Gallagher D, Müller MJ. Eur J Clin Nutr 2013; 67: 14-21.
3) Limitations of Fat-Free Mass for the Assessment of Muscle Mass in Obesity. Jensen, B., Braun, W., Geisler, C., Both, M., Klückmann, K., Müller, M. J., & Bosy-Westphal, A.(2019). Obesity facts, 12(3), 307-315.
4) Generation of normal ranges for measures of body composition in adults based on bioelectrical impedance analysis using the seca mBCA. Peine, S., Knabe, S., Carrero, I., Brundert, M., Wilhelm, J., Ewert, A., ... & Lilburn, P. (2013). Int J Body Compos Res, 11, 67-76.
Handrail with fixed grip positions: measuring requirements are reproducible.
Glass platform made of completely breakage proof seca Bearclaw Glass® for perfect hygiene and an elegant look. Orientation in measurement thanks to illuminated LED footprints.
High-quality touchscreen with intuitive menu navigation. Precise and quick ultrasonic height measurement.
Measurement and data transfer in only 24 seconds.
seca mBCA 554 – with optional height measurement
Select the optional ultrasonic height measurement to measure height directly on the platform.
4.3" tiltable and rotable touchscreen
USB for barcode scanner
8-point Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis
Order code ONIHMIUTNN
- BIA platform mBCA 554
- BIA handrail mBCA 550
- Ultrasonic height measurement
seca 257 (100 - 220 cm)
Order code ONIHMINTNN
- BIA platform mBCA 554
- BIA handrail mBCA 550
Ready, set, go!
Following the delivery of your new seca mBCA, we would also like to make you aware of some additional features and benefits that seca offers. Looking for installation assistance to ensure that your seca mBCA is properly setup?
No problem! Sit back and relax while our seca service technicians set up your system remotely so you can take the guess work out of it. Need training assistance on how to operate your device or interpret measurement results? Schedule an individual or group virtual presentation with our seca Medical Body Composition Specialist. We make it easy in support of getting your facility up and running with our new generation of body composition analysis.
seca installation service
Simplified from start.
seca interpretation training
Understanding measurement results.
We’re here to help you get started or consult on solution that best serve your needs. Please complete the fields below to connect with a member of our team.
The fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be filled out. All other information is provided voluntarily.